Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Toxic Smoke Causing Respiratory Injuries Settlement in Michigan

The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Michigan lawyers recently settled a lawsuit filed on behalf of a twenty year old college student who suffered respiratory system injuries due to toxic smoke caused by a bonfire at a neighbor’s home.   The student was at home with his windows open at the time that the neighbors made a bonfire in their yard.  The incident occurred in Dearborn, Michigan.

The defendants created a bonfire in their backyard by tossing chemically treated pieces of wood into a man-made bonfire pit.   They also put chemicals on the fire to accelerate the flames.  This combination caused toxic fumes to carry over into the neighboring yards, including that of our client.  The student inhaled these toxic fumes and became ill.

The lawsuit was filed in the Wayne County Circuit seeking damages for the respiratory problems caused by the toxic smoke inhalation.  The student takes medication for his breathing problems and must stay away from smoke and fumes, as well as scents like strong perfumes, or he will become very ill.  The case was settled prior to trial.

 

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment