DETROIT -- Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. wants you and your family to stay safe on the roads this winter.
Accidents on icy roads kill at least twice the number of people annually than all other severe weather hazards combined, including tornadoes, hurricanes, lightning, floods and high winds.
These 10 winter driving tips will help minimize risk and prepare you for whatever Jack Frost throws your way this season:
- Allow extra time for your journey, and be mindful of worsening weather conditions.
- Reduce speed and allow plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Avoid making sharp turns or braking suddenly to avoid losing control of your vehicle.
- If your vehicle begins to skid, gently steer in the direction of the skid.
- Resist the urge to jerk the steering wheel in the other direction if your vehicle beings to skid.
- Use dipped headlights in poor visibility, and do not use cruise control.
- Remove snow and ice from the vehicle’s windshield, lights and body of car before driving.
- De-mist the inside of your vehicle before starting your journey.
- Check your screen wash and use top up as needed with winter additive.
- Ensure your tires are in good condition and properly inflated.
Michigan is a no-fault insurance state which means that every automobile is required by law to be covered by a no-fault insurance policy. This policy provides coverage and valuable benefits to anyone injured in an auto accident.
These benefits, refererred to as Personl Injury Protection (or "PIP") benefits include payment of medical expenses, lost wages, attendant care services, household services, medical mileage, home modification, and other benefits.
Almost every person injured in a Michigan car accident, motorcycle accident, truck accident, bicycle accident, or pedestrian accident, is entitled to Michigan No-Fault insurance benefits, regardless of who was as fault for the accident. You may be entitled to these benefits even if you did not own a car or have your own auto no-fault insurance policy.
Who are the Best Rated Michigan Auto Accident Lawyers?
Our legal team includes the most successful car accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
Don't be concerned the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.