A Saginaw Township man was killed Saturday evening when he was rear-ended by a vehicle while trying to turn, according to police and the Saginaw News.
The man was westbound on Tittabawassee Road around 7:30 p.m. when he attempted to turn into Sheridan Arms, a gun store and range at 8259 Titabawassee Road, but was rear-ended by the SUV behind him, Berg said.
The man was declared dead at the scene.
The SUV had damage near the front left bumper and wheel well, while the motorcycle did not appear to be heavily damaged.
Tittabawassee Township police were assisted at the scene by Saginaw Township police, the Saginaw County Sheriff's Office, Mobile Medical Response and the Tittabawassee Fire Department.
Why are We Reporting This Story on our Website?
Our website was created to provide important news and legal information to accident and injury victims throughout the state of Michigan. Quite often, insurance companies and their investigators meet with victims and their families shortly after an accident. They attempt to obtain evidence and information that will help them defend the case later and often get victims to sign statements that are against their own interest.
Our goal is to provide valuable information to victims and their family members to prevent them from being taken advantage of by the insurance companies and their attorneys. We offer free books to consumers so they can understand their legal rights, whether they choose to hire an attorney or handle the claim on their own. We have given away many thousands of free legal guides over the last ten years for this purpose.
If you or someone you care about is the subject of this story and would like it removed from our website, please e-mail [email protected] and we will remove it from our site.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Motorcycle Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a motorcycle accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Motorcycle Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan motorcycle accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best motorcycle accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Motorcycle Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your motorcycle accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan motorcycle accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.