The Michigan State Police is offering tips to drivers to prevent auto theft, in a post on clickondetroit.com.
- Locking a vehicle and not leaving the keys inside are both important ways to lessen the likelihood of theft. Additionally, windows should be closed when the car is parked, and cars shouldn’t be left running unattended.
- Cars should be parked in well-lit areas or a garage, if possible. Keep exterior lights at home on at night, and use theft deterrents, such as a steering wheel lock. Also, don’t leave visible values in a vehicle.
- In addition to car thefts and break-ins, wheel and tire thefts are possible. MSP advises watching for suspicious vehicles that may be scoping out an area. If something or someone seems suspicious or out of place, contact the police.
- When purchasing or selling a vehicle on Craigslist, make the sale at a Secretary of State’s office during business hours or at a police department. Don’t meet someone for a sale at home or in a non-public area.
- When buying a vehicle, be wary of vehicle titles. Inspect the title, and if something seems odd, do not complete the sale until the legitimacy of the title can be confirmed.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.