DETROIT, Mich. -- Three pedestrians were hit and injured by a pickup truck on June 8 in Midtown Detroit, according to the Detroit Free Press.
Officer Dan Donakowski, Detroit police spokesman, told DFP the pedestrians were looking at a Tesla parked on Canfield between Second and Cass at around 5:20 pm when they were struck.
One of the victims, a 73-year-old man, was taken to the hospital in critical condition. Two others were listed in temporary serious condition.
The truck also hit a fourth person, but hospitalization was not necessary.
Police are conducting an investigation to determine if the truck driver was under the influence of alcohol or drugs at the time of the crash.
Why are We Reporting This Story on our Website?
Our website was created to provide important news and legal information to accident and injury victims throughout the state of Michigan. Quite often, insurance companies and their investigators meet with victims and their families shortly after an accident. They attempt to obtain evidence and information that will help them defend the case later and often get victims to sign statements that are against their own interest.
Our goal is to provide valuable information to victims and their family members to prevent them from being taken advantage of by the insurance companies and their attorneys. We offer free books to consumers so they can understand their legal rights, whether they choose to hire an attorney or handle the claim on their own. We have given away many thousands of free legal guides over the last ten years for this purpose.
If you or someone you care about is the subject of this story and would like it removed from our website, please e-mail [email protected] and we will remove it from our site.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Pedestrian Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after an accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Pedestrian Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan pedestrian accident, call our award-winning pedestrian accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best pedestrian accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your pedestrian accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Pedestrian Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A pedestrian accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan pedestrian accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan pedestrian accident laws.