Speed limits on stretches of I-75, US-131 and US-127 have officially increased to 75 miles per hour after signage changes by the Michigan Department of Transportation, and the department expects to finish raising speed limits on the rest of the freeways targeted for increases by the end of June, according to MLive.com.
The stretches with new signage and new 75 mph speed limits are:
- I-75: Bay City to US-23 in Mackinaw City
- I-75: St. Ignace to Sault Ste. Marie
- US-127: I-69 to the end of the freeway at St. Johns
- US-127: Beginning of the freeway at Ithaca to I-75
- US-131: M-57 to the end of the freeway north of Manton
The changes come after the legislature passed a law requiring MDOT to raise the speed limits on 600 miles of freeway and 900 miles of non-freeway based on speed and safety studies.
Also on target for completion before the end of June are increases to 65 miles per hour on these routes:
- US-2: Wakefield to Iron River
- US-2: St. Ignace to Rapid River
- M-32: Atlanta to Alpena
For more about the speed limit increases statewide, read our prior story.
See a complete map of the speed limit increases here.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.