Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 595-7544
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Motorcycle Claims FAQ's and Answers From Michigan Motorcycle Accident Lawyers

Comments (0)
Question: If I am injured in a Michigan motorcycle accident, and I did not carry insurance on my motorcycle, can I still sue the automobile driver that hit me?

Answer:  Yes. Michigan motorcycle accident law treats motorcyclists differently than individuals driving their own automobiles without insurance. Thus, an injured Michigan motorcyclist, who did not have insurance on his or her bike, may bring a lawsuit against the other driver if determined negligent and caused the Michigan motorcycle accident.

Question:   If I was a passenger on a motorcycle and the driver of that motorcycle caused the accident, can I sue the driver of the motorcycle for my motorcycle accident injuries?

Answer: Yes, if the driver of the motorcycle was at fault in the accident. However, unlike automobile accidents, where the other driver was operating a car or truck, you do not need to prove that your injury was "serious" or that you suffered some sort of disfigurement. You can sue the driver and the owner of the motorcycle for all of your damages and injuries. A claim is made against the driver and the owner of the motorcycle, and your damages are covered by their insurance company.

Question: What are the types of insurance claims I can make if I am a Michigan motorcycle accident injury victim?

Answer: Generally, when you are invovled in a motorcycle accident in Michigan, there are three potential types of insurance claims, depending on the circumstances of the accident. These claims are classifed as:

1. Motorcycle Repairs and Damages (Payment for repairs to your motorcycle)

2. Bodily injury Claims (Payment for your personal injuries)

3. No-Fault Insurance Benefits (Payment for wage loss, medical expenses, etc.)

Question: What if the driver and owner of the automobile and/or motorcycle who caused my Michigan motorcycle accident injuries did not have liability insurance at the time of the accident?

Answer: You may still recover compensating for your injuries caused in the Michigan motorcycle accident. This will depend on whether you were occupying a motorcycle which had uninsured motorists coverage or you were covered by your own insurance policy or a family member's insurance policy which had uninsured motorist coverage at the time of the bike accident. This is called an Uninsured Motorists Claim.

In order to protect your rights, you should contact an experienced Michigan motorcycle accident lawyer immediately to find out the time limitations involved in making an Uninsured Motorists Claim after your Michigan bike accident, as well as the requirements under the policy which you must meet in order to make such a claim.

Michigan motorcycle accident claims are complicated and must be handled carefully. If you are a Michigan motorcycle accident victim, it is important to conact an attorney who understands the special circumstances and needs of motorcycle riders. Individuals injured in a bike accident should contact the Michigan motorcycle accident lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. to schedule a free consultation. Our office will start working on your case immediately gathering all the evidence and witness statements to win and settle your case. Call our office now at (800) 606-1717.       



Best Michigan personal injury lawyer winning highest settlements for injury, malpractice, & accident victims.
Be the first to comment!

Post a Comment

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Need help? Call our award-winning lawyers 24/7 at (800) 606-1717

Awards & Recognition

We are proud to have earned the highest possible ratings for our achievements in the legal profession.

Get A Free Consultation

We are very interested in hearing from you. Please fill out this form and an experienced Michigan personal injury lawyer will contact you shortly to discuss your case.
(800) 606-1717

Get Legal Help Now

Southfield Office
  • 29000 Inkster Road, Suite 150
    Southfield, MI 48034
  • Phone: (248) 595-7544
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office
Detroit Office