Buckfire Law wants to congratulate the Michigan State police, and all the hard-working police officers therein, for celebrating its 100th birthday on April 19, 2017.
Created by the Michigan Legislature in 1917, the department was first known as the State Troops Permanent Force.
The occasion was marked with a reception at the state Capitol with Gov. Rick Snyder, Lt. Gov. Brian Calley, Attorney General Bill Schuette and legislative leaders, according to the Detroit Free Press.
On hand for the celebration were tables full of memorabilia from both the early and contemporary days of the MSP, including the old-fashioned hats worn by troopers to the drones used by the department today and one of the newest recruits of the department.
Kibbey, the 18-month old black Labrador retriever who has become the latest addition to the cyber unit, was on hand to lend a friskier element to the birthday bash.
The dog has been trained to detect the smell of circuit boards used by people who are committing computer crimes, said Trooper David Cardenas, who is Kibbey's handler.
Read more about the Michigan State Police and its 100-year anniversary here.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.