Our Michigan lead poisoning lawyers recently filed a lawsuit on behalf of a four year old girl who was only two years old when she was diagnosed with lead poisoning. Her family was renting a home in Paw Paw at the time. The Van Buren County Health Department conducted a lead investigation as a result of the poisoning. The rental property was found to have lead hazards on the interior and exterior. The minor plaintiff has cognitive deficits and brain damage as a result of her lead poisoning. No date has been set for a jury trial in this matter.