There were scattered reports of road flooding Thursday evening after nearly an inch of rain fell in Detroit, with more on the way. Buckfire Law urges drivers to be careful on the roads this weekend.
A flood watch is in effect for most of southeast Michigan through tonight with 1-3 inches of rain expected from Thursday through this evening, according to the National Weather Service in White Lake Township. Some areas might even see slightly more than 3 inches with intense downpours, reported the Detroit Free Press.
Officials warned motorists to avoid I-94 near French Road and Gratiot in Detroit on Thursday night because of flooding. The Michigan State Police Twitter account for Oakland, Wayne and Macomb counties also urged people to be careful, and said a state police trooper had been in a car accident.
0.90 inches of rain was recorded through 8 p.m. Thursday at Detroit Metro Airport.
Tonight the rain will start tapering off, but there's still a chance for showers hanging around on Saturday. Sunday we will finally see some dry weather.
Temperatures are expected to hit the 60s by the middle of next week.
What Should I Do After A Detroit Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Detroit Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Detroit car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.