WALKER -- Meijer is expanding its recent cheese recall to include Meijer brand Artisan Made Natural Muenster Cheese and its pre-wrapped ham subs sold in December due to a potential cross contamination with listeria, according to the Grand Rapids Press.
There have been no known illnesses reported to the Midwest retailer associated with the cheese.
The latest recall comes after Meijer received notice of a possible contamination from its supplier, MDS Foods. The newly recalled cheese was processed on the same line as previously recalled cheese, announced Feb. 10.
Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
The affected Meijer brand Artisan Made Natural Muenster Cheese was located on "cheese islands" within the deli section and has the expiration dates of March 28, 2017, May 13, 2017, and June 10, 2017.
The Meijer pre-made ham sub on artisan white baguette was located in the retailer's "grab-and-go" fresh deli cases with sell by dates between Nov. 2 - Dec. 30, 2016.
The Muenster cheese have UPC code of 8-86926 27573-5 and the subs have a UPC code 7-13733 76499-5.
Customers should stop using the cheese and either dispose of it or return it to the customer service desk at any Meijer store for a full refund. Meijer is asking customers to call the 24-hour line 1-800-543-3704 if they have additional questions.
Meijer operates 230 stores in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin.
Best Michigan Personal Injury Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful personal injury & accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Personal Injury Cases
We do not charge you anything to get started on your personal injury case. We promise you in writing:
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Personal Injury Claim
There are three ways to get started on your case. You can:
- Chat with our online operator and an experienced personal injury will call you shortly.
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will call you shortly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan personal injury lawsuits.