Motorists who use M-5 through Novi or Commerce Township should start looking for alternative routes, according to the Detroit Free Press.
A $3.5 million concrete pavement repair project on a several-mile stretch of the freeway is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m. Saturday with complete shutdown of the southbound lanes between Maple Road and 12 Mile.
Once pavement repairs on the southbound stretch are finished, MDOT says, the northbound lanes will be shut down between 12 Mile and Pontiac Trail for repairs.
The freeway shutdown will try to provide safety for repair workers and motorists by prohibiting vehicles from entering the work zone.
East-west roads that cross M-5 are to remain open, at least one lane in each direction, across the freeway for the duration of the project. The freeway ramps from 12 Mile to southbound M-5 will also say open; those ramps also provide access to other parts of the freeway system.
The entire project is expected to be completed in late June.
What Should I Do After A Detroit Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Detroit Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Detroit car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Detroit car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.