DETROIT -- 2017’s significant highway construction projects include a major upgrade of the Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard bridge over the Lodge Freeway in Detroit, along with adding a lane to the southbound Lodge exit to Grand River Avenue to alleviate backups, according to the Detroit Free Press.
The $15-million project on the Lodge won’t be as disruptive as the 2-year rebuild of I-75 in Detroit and Downriver, but the Michigan Department of Transportation said it wants to prepare residents, businesses and others who’ll be impacted by the Lodge work.
MDOT staff will have a public open house to share details, detours and other information from 5-7 p.m. on Feb. 15 at Detroit Delta Preparatory Academy for Social Justice (3550 John C. Lodge Freeway).
MDOT spokeswoman Diane Cross said for the most part, drivers on the Lodge will see little impact to traffic "except for two weekends when we will demolish the bridge" in middle to late April and then again in July as crews put up beams for the new bridge.
The new bridge will be wider to accommodate an additional lane MDOT will add to the southbound Lodge exit at Grand River, near Motor City Casino.
"This will help with the volume of traffic exiting at Grand River to keep it from backing up onto the freeway," Cross said.
MDOT said the $15 million project is slated to begin in late March and wrap up in December.
What Should I Do After A Detroit Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Detroit Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Lodge Freeway car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.