The Interstate 75 bridge project, denuded in parts and stripped down to its steel, is undergoing long-awaited renovations in a 24-hour, six-day-a-week operation. Repairs are slow-going but on time, engineers and transportation officials say.
A Detroit News reporter joined MDOT on Tuesday to tour construction areas along the bridge.
MDOT started the two-year, $165 million project to repair eight miles of I-75 between Springwells in Detroit and Northline in Southgate in February. Since then, the south side is getting all the attention, while drivers pass on the north side.
Built in the 1967 for about $25 million, the bridge is a major artery for truck traffic and Downriver commuters. It spans 1.63 miles, making it Michigan’s largest bridge by volume of concrete.
Southbound I-75 traffic has been detoured while northbound traffic has been maintained. Next year, northbound traffic will shift to southbound lanes while crews rebuild the other side of the freeway.
Read more about the construction project here.
What Should I Do After A Detroit Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Detroit Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Detroit car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.