The Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG) has just released a list of the twenty highest-frequency car accident intersection locations in Southeast Michigan for the past five years. The statistics were compiled by SEMCOG:
- Ford Rd and Haggerty Rd
- Ellsworth Rd W and State Rd S
- Southfield Rd and 11 Mile Rd W
- 12 Mile Rd W and Orchard Lake Rd
- Maple Rd W and Orchard Lake Rd
- Cass Ave and Groesbeck Hwy N
- 12 Mile Rd W and Telegraph Rd
- N M 5 and Pontiac Trl N
- Van Dyke Ave and 11 Mile Rd E
- Van Dyke Ave and 11 Mile Rd
- 12 Mile Rd and Dequindre Rd
- Commerce Rd and Commerce Rd
- Ford Rd and Beech Daly Rd N
- 23 Mile Rd and Schoenherr Rd
- Ford Rd and Wayne Rd N
- 15 Mile Rd and Ryan Rd
- Highland Rd and Airport Rd
- Southfield Rd and 10 Mile Rd W
- Ford Rd and Lilley Rd
- Groesbeck Hwy and 15 Mile Rd
Check out a detailed list of the number of accidents in each of the top 20, or the list of the top 50 or even the top 100 here.
SEMCOG also publishes a Traffic Volume Map which has lots of information about Southeast Michigan roads.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.