A 4-year-old boy is in critical condition after an alleged drunken driver drove through a stop sign and crashed into a car containing the boy and his grandmother this morning, according to The Flint Journal.Our thoughts go out to the victims and their families.
Flint police said the collision occurred at 8:27 a.m. on April 18 at the intersection of East Lyndon Avenue and Summit Street on Flint's north side.
According to police, the boy and his 59-year-old grandmother left their house on Lyndon and were driving a Dodge sedan south on Lyndon, a residential road, when a Chevrolet Express van traveling west at high speed on Summit drove through a stop sign and crashed into the car.
The car containing the boy and his grandmother crashed into a utility pole, and the van traveled through a fence and crashed into a tree.
Police said that after hospital bloodwork showed the driver of the van was intoxicated, he was sent to the Flint City Jail.
The boy's grandmother was hospitalized, and police said she is in good condition.
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at P3tips.com or by calling 1-800-422-5245.
Why are We Reporting This Story on our Website?
Our website was created to provide important news and legal information to accident and injury victims throughout the state of Michigan. Quite often, insurance companies and their investigators meet with victims and their families shortly after an accident. They attempt to obtain evidence and information that will help them defend the case later and often get victims to sign statements that are against their own interest.
Our goal is to provide valuable information to victims and their family members to prevent them from being taken advantage of by the insurance companies and their attorneys. We offer free books to consumers so they can understand their legal rights, whether they choose to hire an attorney or handle the claim on their own. We have given away many thousands of free legal guides over the last ten years for this purpose.
If you or someone you care about is the subject of this story and would like it removed from our website, please e-mail [email protected] and we will remove it from our site.
Do I Need a Lawyer for my Accident Case?
You may or may not need a lawyer for your accident case, but you should certainly consult with an attorney before you agree to any type of settlement on your case. You can consult with our lawyers for free or find another qualified attorney for your case. It is important to have your legal rights explained to you before you sign any papers because you may be giving up your rights to important benefits and settling your case for much less than it's worth.
What Should I Do After A Flint Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Flint Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Flint car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Flint Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Flint car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.