Firework Accidents | Michigan Personal Injury Lawyer
The summer will be here soon, and before you know it it will be that time of the year to celebrate our nations’ independence with family and friends. However, many dangers lie in the use of fireworks. Injuries in a fireworks accident are not uncommon. In fact in 2008 alone there was an estimated amount of 7,000 injuries due to fireworks.
To eliminate injuries and educate the public on safe and responsible use of consumer fireworks, our Michigan personal injury accident lawyers want to share with you some safety tips for the Fourth of July season. Provided by The National Council on Fireworks Safety.
1) Use fireworks outdoors only
2) Only persons over the age of 12 should handle sparklers of any type.
3) Always have water handy. (A hose or bucket)
4) Only use fireworks as intended– don't’ try to alter or combine them.
5) Never relight a “dud” firework –wait 20 minutes and then soak in a pail of water.
6) Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Have a “designated shooter.”
7) Obey local laws—do not use illegal fireworks or explosives.
Following these tips will help you and your family safely celebrate the 4th of July.
If you or a family member suffer serious injuries after a Michigan fireworks accident due to the negligence of another person or a defective firework, call our office to discuss your case. Call (800) 606-1717 to speak with one our experienced Michigan personal injury accident lawyers now.