Personal Injury
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Federal Tort Claims Act - FTCA Form 95 - Michigan FTCA Lawyer

When a person is injured by the negligence of an employee of the United States government acting within the scope of his or her federal employment, the Federal Tort Claims Act ("FTCA") is the sole statutory remedy for compensatory damages. This includes claims against the postal service, Veterans Administration Hospitals, auto accidents with federal government vehicles, and other claims.

Generally, a consumer must present an administrative tort claim to the appropriate federal agency within two years of the injury in order to preserve his or her claim. Many injured consumers undertake to file an administrative tort claim prior to consulting with a lawyer. The preferred method of perfecting an administrative claim is the Standard Form 95 ("SF95"). Injured persons can complete these forms and submit them on their own to the government, but in order to best preserve your claim and receive a settlement it is wise to contact an experienced Federal Tort Claims Act Lawyer.

Download the PDF version of the Standard 95 Form here!

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment