The value of the economic development, both planned and finished, along the QLINE's path is estimated at more than $7 billion, according to a report released Thursday by M-1 Rail, the organization building Detroit's streetcar system.
The eye-popping number takes into account development since 2013, reported the Detroit Free Press. The 3.3-mile QLINE on Woodward Avenue is to open to the public May 12, connecting the city's downtown, Midtown, New Center and North End areas.
The 24-page report says about two-thirds of the investments in 211 projects, including the $1.2-billion District Detroit that incorporates Little Caesars Arena, have been completed — with $2.4 billion planned for the future. The numbers are more than double the $3-billion figure boosters have previously pitched to highlight the potential impact of the QLINE.
The report notes that large sections of the area were blighted and abandoned until recently, and it gives the QLINE substantial credit.
Critics, however, have noted that a not insubstantial portion of that blight and abandonment was a result of property purchased and allowed to sit until the time was ripe for redevelopment.
What Should I Do After A Detroit Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Detroit Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Detroit car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Detroit Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.