Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
No Legal Fees Until You Settle or Win
Get Free Case Review

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Cases

I recently represented a nice woman who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning due to a defective furnace in her apartment building.  She was home alone and later found unconscious by a neighbor.  After EMS took her to the hospital, the gas company was called and their testing found significantly high levels of carbon monoxide in the property.  The gas company inspector traced the carbon monoxide to a cracked heat exchanger in the furnace closet.  The apartment maintenance failed to inspect the unit at the beginning of the tenancy and never took any actions to repair the problem.   My client suffered memory loss and other problems as a result of her poisoning.

 Carbon monoxide injuries are often severe and can significant exposures can result in death.  Many times, these poisonings are due to negligent maintenance of heating units and furnaces in a residential property. It is important to have a carbon monoxide monitor in your home and to have your furnace regularly serviced.  If you are renting or leasing a property, your landlord should have annual maintenance performed on your furnace.  The failure to do so may result in a civil lawsuit for damages if a tenant suffers carbon monoxide poisoning due to negligent maintenance.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment