A 23-year-old Ypsilanti man was arrested after fleeing a traffic stop then striking another car, according to the Michigan State Police via the Detroit News.
Troopers with the Special Enforcement Section, Hometown Security Team pulled the driver over near Interstate 94 and Rawsonville Road in Belleville at about 11:10 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 8, for speeding and failing to signal, authorities said in a statement.
When troopers asked for the man’s license, "he become verbally non-complaint then fled the scene," the release said.
The driver then exited to Huron from westbound I-94 and "ran the red light at the top of the ramp, colliding with a vehicle" heading north, state police said.
The occupants in the second vehicle, a 33-year-old woman and her 4-year-old son, were taken to a hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
The Ypsilanti man was treated for minor injuries and taken into custody.
Troopers searching his vehicle also found two pounds of marijuana in a backpack, the Michigan State Police reported.
What Should I Do After An Ann Arbor-Area Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Ann Arbor-Area Car Accident Cases
If you're in an Ann Arbor-area car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Ann Arbor-Area Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.