The city of Ann Arbor is taking the next step in its effort to improve safety for pedestrians walking about town, according to the Ann Arbor News.
Sgt. Bill Clock, special services at the Ann Arbor Police Department, told the Ann Arbor News that phase one of a pedestrian safety study ran from June 19 through June 29. It involved stopping drivers at numerous locations around Ann Arbor who failed to yield to pedestrians and issuing them warnings. A total of 1,411 warnings were issued during this phase.
Phase two of the multi-part study will commence after the July 20-23 Art Fair, Clock told the Ann Arbor News. This portion will involve issuing tickets to drivers who fail to properly yield to pedestrians.
Under the ordinance, both drivers and pedestrians could be subjected to a $130 fine. This will begin July 25 and run for two weeks.
The Ann Arbor Police Department's work comes following a city council decision earlier this year. The council allocated $150,000 to increase pedestrian safety.
Testing will conclude sometime in December following studying driver and pedestrian habits during a busy point in the local school year.
What Should I Do After An Ann Arbor Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Ann Arbor Car Accident Cases
If you're in an Ann Arbor car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Ann Arbor Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Ann Arbor car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.