ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- A high school student is recovering from injuries sustained after being struck by a car while riding a bicycle to Huron High School early on Thursday, Oct. 12.
Police said the student had been wearing a helmet and the injuries are minor, according to MLive.
The crash occurred at about 7:30 a.m. on Huron Parkway just south of Lakehaven Drive.
A school bus stopping in the right curb lane obstructed the view of the driver and the student on the bicycle. As the student crossed the street, the driver slammed on the brakes before striking the student, Lt. Renee Bush of Ann Arbor Police told MLive.
Witnesses told police that they had not seen the bicyclist, and the yellow warning lights near the crosswalk had not been activated.
The crash remains under investigation by the Ann Arbor Police Accident Investigation Team.
Why are We Reporting This Story on our Website?
Our website was created to provide important news and legal information to accident and injury victims throughout the state of Michigan. Quite often, insurance companies and their investigators meet with victims and their families shortly after an accident. They attempt to obtain evidence and information that will help them defend the case later and often get victims to sign statements that are against their own interest.
Should you ever find yourself the victim of an accident, we want our site to be a comprehensive resource for you. Our goal is to provide valuable information to victims and their family members to prevent them from being taken advantage of by the insurance companies and their attorneys. We offer free books to consumers so they can understand their legal rights, whether they choose to hire an attorney or handle the claim on their own. We have given away many thousands of free legal guides over the last ten years for this purpose.
If you or someone you care about is the subject of this story and would like it removed from our website, please e-mail [email protected] and we will remove it from our site.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Bicycle Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a bicycle accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car or bicycle and the other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own insurance company after the accident.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Who are the Best Rated Michigan Bicycle Accident Lawyers?
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Bicycle Accident Cases
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best bicycle accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your bicycle accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Bicycle Accident Claim Today
There are three ways to get started on your bicycle accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. A bicycle accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There is a strict time deadline for filing Michigan bicycle accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about Michigan bicycle accident laws.