The Adrian Public Schools Students Against Destructive Decisions Club organized a mock drunken driving accident Wednesday, which included a ProMedica emergency helicopter as well as police, firefighters and paramedics providing emergency medical care at the scene staged at Adrian High School.
The group of high school students gathered in the parking lot, then moved to the Performing Arts Center for a simulated emergency room scene where one of their classmates involved in the wreck survived serious injury and another classmate died, according to the Ann Arbor News.
Students witnessed a funeral and then a trial for the allegedly drunken driver, who was a fellow student. The trial was conducted by a local judge, prosecutor and defense attorney.
The exercise aimed to remind students of the consequences of driving drunk, especially as prom and graduation season gets underway. Drug and alcohol use by teens can increase during the spring, according to the press release, which places teens at a higher risk of crashes if they choose to drink and drive.
What Should I Do After A Michigan Auto Accident?
There are several things that you should do immediately after a car accident, which include:
- Notify of the police of the accident, especially if they do not come to the accident scene.
- Provide the investigating officer with your drivers license, proof of insurance, & vehicle registration.
- Make sure there is a written police report made after the accident.
- Get the drivers license number and license plate number of the other vehicles in the crash.
- Take photographs on your phone of damage to your car and other vehicles.
- Get the names, telephone numbers, and addresses of all witnesses to the accident.
- Report the accident to your own auto insurance company after the accident.
- Request an Application for No-Fault Insurance Benefits from your insurance agent.
- Contact our experienced attorneys to advise you on your rights and to begin pursuing your claims.
Our No-Fee Promise on Michigan Car Accident Cases
If you're in a Michigan car accident, call our award-winning car accident lawyers.
Don't be concerned about the money you might need to hire a lawyer. You can afford to have the best car accident law firm on your side without paying a penny out of your pocket. It costs nothing to get started and if your auto accident case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to hire us or get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You pay no legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls to our office are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Car Accident Claim
There are three ways to get started on your car accident case today to get the settlement you deserve. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. An auto accident attorney will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online live operator who will provide your information to our law firm
- Call 1-800-606-1717 any time of day to speak with an injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan car accident lawsuits. Call us today to learn more about the Michigan auto accident laws.