Randall M. Blau earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from Kalamazoo College in 1993 and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Detroit School of Law in 1996. He is admitted to practice law in state and federal courts throughout Michigan and has handled cases in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Minnesota and Florida. He has obtained numerous settlements that have been listed in the Top Ten Settlements of the Year for the State of Michigan multiple times during the last decade.
Randy has obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his injured clients. He specializes in medical malpractice, birth injuries, nursing home negligence, wrongful death, and automobile negligence cases. He is a member of the Michigan Association for Justice, the Oakland County Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan. Randy has been an invited speaker at a variety of legal seminars, an invited member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and has been consistently listed in Who's Who in Law throughout his career.
Call (800) 606-1717 for a free case review and speak to Randy Blau about your case today.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Adult Foster Care Home Neglect (AFC Home)
- Birth Trauma / Cerebral Palsy
- Wrongful Death Lawsuits
100% devoted to litigation and trial
Juris Doctor degree
Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, MI 1993
Bachelor of Arts degree
Professional Honors & Activities
- Selected Member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Named as a "SuperLawyer"
- Michigan Association for Justice, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Listed in the Top Ten Settlements of Year for the State of Michigan multiple times during the last decade
Notable Settlements & Verdicts
- Confidential: Michigan hospital negligence death case
- Confidential: Permanent paralysis medical malpractice case
- Confidential: Brain bleed medical malpractice case
- Confidential: Hip dysplasia medical malpractice case
- Confidential: VA hospital medical malpractice wrongful death case
- $400,000: Michigan assisted living sexual assault case
Presentations & Speeches
- MAJ Invited Speaker – Numerous Medical Malpractice Seminars 2004-2007
- National Business Institute – Annual Speaker on “Handling Medical Malpractice Cases”
- American Paralegal Society – Invited speaker on the use of Medical Records
- Oakland County Bar Association State of the Law Day “Malpractice Law”
- State of Michigan
- Admitted to practice Pro Hac Vice in Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania and Florida
- U.S. District Court For Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
Randy played tennis on Kalamazoo College’s 3-time National Champion tennis team, including being named Captain of the team his senior year. He was recently inducted with his teammates into the Kalamazoo College Athletic Hall of Fame. When he is not in Court or on the tennis court, he can usually be found coaching Baseball, Basketball, Football, and whatever other sport(s) his kids will allow him to coach. He is the current Director of Little League Baseball in Franklin, Michigan. As would be expected, Randy is a huge sports fan who roots for all of the local teams but most enjoys watching his two boys play basketball and baseball.
Randy is an avid skier and golfer who once shot a hole-in-one on what could only be called a “shank.” His family has had a place in Charlevoix, Michigan for almost forty years and he loves nothing more than spending time with his wife and boys Up North on the ski slopes or on the water. He enjoys traveling and hopes to one day return to Caceres, Spain where he lived/studied during his time at Kalamazoo College.