Our experienced Michigan truck accident lawyers have obtained substantial settlements for victims of trucking accidents. While some of the causes of truck accidents are obvious, like a rear-end collision, there are numerous other truck accident causes that may not seem so obvious. We hire the nation's top accident reconstruction experts to help us prove and win our cases. We will do the same for you.
Michigan Truck Accident Causes
The most common causes of truck accidents are the following:
- Fatigue, sleepy or tired drivers driving too many hours without rest
- Truck drivers drinking alcohol or drug use
- Running off the road
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe safety systems, reflectors, lights and other warning devices
- Improper loading of the truck
- Oversized truck
- Lack of training on the part of the truck driver
- Poorly maintained brakes on the truck
- Reckless driving
- Driving in conditions of poor visibility due to smoke, fog, snow or rain
- Poorly maintained tires
- Wide turns
Michigan Truck Accident Safety Violations
Our Michigan truck accident lawyers also have extensive knowledge of the complex trucking regulations for both interstate and intrastate motor carriers. Truck accident cases are often won by proving that the truck driver and trucking company operated their trucks in violation of the trucking laws. Many times the truck driver is drowsy due to an unlawful number of hours on the road or the accident is caused by defective equipment on the truck. We will investigate all possible violations to prove and win your case.
Common Injuries From Michigan Truck Accidents
The most common injuries due to truck accident are:
- Spinal cord injuries, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Broken bones and Fractures
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Closed head/traumatic brain injury
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Road rash requiring significant skin grafts
- Permanent disability
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injuries
Michigan Truck Accident Settlements
Truck accident settlements are often substantial due to the serious injuries caused by the collision. Most trucking companies have large commercial insurance policies with high policy limits, which means that the accident victims often receive greater compensation than in a typical car accident. Many trucking companies even have more than one policy.
In fatal truck accident cases, we file a wrongful death lawsuit for the surviving family members. Settlements in a wrongful death lawsuit includes compensation for the pain and suffering of the decedent, loss of society and companionship for the surviving family members, lost incoume and support, medical expenses, and funeral and burial expenses.
Michigan Trucking Company Insurance Carriers
Our Michigan truck and automotive accident attorneys also understand issues relating to trucking company insurance companies. This allows us to determine all possible insurance policies so that we can obtain the best settlement for our client. Companies carrying trucking insurance policies work aggressively to limit the amount of compensation and benefits they pay out. It is important to have an attorney not afraid to take on big insurance companies when you have been injured in serious truck accident.
Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer Review
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Truck Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best truck accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever
Start Your Michigan Truck Accident Case Today
There are three ways to get started on your case. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Chat with the online intake specialist and an attorney will be in touch soon.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan truck accident lawsuits. Call us now to get started on your case and help you win the maximum settlement.