Our Michigan truck accident lawyers fully investigate the causes of a truck accident for our clients. While some of the causes of truck accidents may seem obvious, like simply rear-ending another vehicle, there are numerous other truck accident causes that may not seem so obvious.
Michigan Truck Accident Causes
The most common of causes of truck accidents are the following:
- Fatigue, sleepy or tired drivers driving too many hours without rest
- Truck drivers drinking alcohol or drug use
- Running off the road
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Unsafe safety systems, reflectors, lights and other warning devices
- Overloaded Truck
- Oversized Truck
- Lack of training on the part of the truck driver
- Poorly maintained brakes on the truck
- Reckless driving
- Driving in conditions of poor visibility due to smoke, fog, snow or rain
- Poorly maintained tires
- Wide turns
Michigan Truck Accident Injuries
Our Michigan truck accident lawyers also have extensive knowledge of the complex trucking regulations for both interstate and intrastate motor carriers. Truck accident cases are often won by proving that the truck driver and trucking company operated their trucks in violation of the trucking laws.
The injuries resulting from truck accidents are serious and often fatal. Cases involving death give rise to a Michigan Wrongful Death Lawsuit.
Common Injuries From Michigan Truck Accidents
Our Michigan truck accident attorneys handle accident cases every day. The most common injuries due to truck accident are:
- Spinal cord injuries, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Broken bones and Fractures
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Closed head/traumatic brain injury
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Road rash requiring significant skin grafts
- Permanent disability
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injuries
Michigan Trucking Company Insurance Carriers
Our Michigan truck accident attorneys also fully understand issues relating to trucking company insurance companies to obtain the best settlement for their client. Trucking companies, whether they are running semi-trailers, gravel trucks, garbage trucks, or dump trucks, are well insured. Companies carrying trucking insurance policies work aggressively to limit the amount of compensation and benefits they pay out. It is important to have an attorney not afraid to take on big insurance companies when you have been injured in an 18-wheeler accident.
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Truck Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Truck Accident Claim
There are two ways to get started on your case. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan truck accident lawsuits.