Our Michigan nursing home lawyers understand that placing your family member in a Michigan nursing home or assisted living facility was one of the most difficult decisions you ever made. You trusted the safety of your loved one to nursing facility and expected the best possible care and supervision. When an injury or unexpected death occurred, you felt angry and betrayed.
When a resident is injured or dies due to neglect or abuse, the family can file a nursing home lawsuit against the facility. Our top-rated lawyers sue nursing homes to get settlements and just compensation for the victim and family. These lawsuits also prevent the same type of harm from occurring again to another resident.
Common Types of Michigan Nursing Home Lawsuits
There are many types of nursing home neglect cases, including:
- Bed sores and decubitus ulcers
- Falls from beds, wheelchairs, and during transfers
- Resident wandering and elopement from the facility
- Infections & sepsis
- Malnutrition & dehydration
- Fractured hips & broken bones
- Medication mistakes
- Choking injuries & death
- Sexual abuse & rape
- Wrongful death
- All other types of injuries due to accidents, abuse, and neglect
A nursing home is legally responsible for negligence by a doctor and the nursing staff. Our nursing home injury lawyers will agressively pursue claims for the resident and family members. If neglect or abuse caused a serious injury or death, we will file your Michigan nursing home wrongful death lawsuit. Thes cases often result in substantial settlements.
Examples of Michigan Nursing Home Settlements
- $5,000,000 Jury verdict for a Southfield assissted living wrongful death.
- $565,000 Settlement for a Northern Michigan nursing home fall injury.
- $400,000 Settlement for a sexual assault on a resident suffering from dementia.
- $275,000 Settlement for a nursing home neglect bedsore complication.
- $200,000 Settlement for an adult foster care resident who suffered burn injuries.
Free Michigan Nursing Home Lawyer Consultation
You need a qualified and experienced nursing home injury attorney review your case. Our legal team will get the records and review them to find out exactly what happened. We will find out the truth and discuss it with you. If there is a case, we will get started on it immediately.
Best Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful nursing home neglect and abuse attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Our No Fee Promise for Michigan Nursing Home Cases
You can afford to have the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. nursing home attorneys on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever.
Start Your Michigan Nursing Home Case
There are three ways to get started on your nursing home neglect case. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Chat with our online specialist and an attorney at the law firm will contact you directly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan nursing home lawsuits. Find out if you have a case and if you are entitled to a settlement.