If you or a loved one was injured due to a medical mistake or medical negligence, the doctors and hospital will rarely ever give you honest answers about what went wrong. All you want is the truth and we will get it for you.
Medical malpractice, also called "medical negligence," is when a doctor or other medical professional, fails to provide appropriate medical care to a patient. This can include failing to order appropriate tests, failing to make a proper diagnosis, and failing to recommend or give necessary treatment. A lawsuit can be filed when a patient suffers an injury, harm, or death from this medical neglect.
Our medical malpractice attorneys will get all of your medical records and review them to see if a medical error or mistake caused a serious injury or death. We will also discuss them with highly respected board-certified physicians and medical experts. If we can prove that you or someone you care about was the victim of medical negligence, we will file a lawsuit for you.
Our Michigan medical malpractice attorneys sue doctors, hospitals, and clinics for medical errors that cause injuries or death to a patient. Malpractice lawsuits seek settlements and compensation for patients harmed by medical negligence. In cases involving a patient death, we file a wrongful death lawsuit for the surviving family members.
Common Types of Medical Malpractice & Negligence Cases
There are many types of medical malpractice and medical negligence cases, including:
- Birth injuries
- Surgery errors & surgical mistakes
- Operating room mistakes
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Emergency room errors
- Radiology errors & misread x-rays
- Patient falls
- Medication mistakes & overdoses
- Hospital infections & sepsis
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Failure to diagnose a medical condition, like cancer
A hospital may be legally responsible for medical malpractice or medical neglect by a doctor or nurse. Patients can file a lawsuit against the hospital and doctors for malpractice that occurs inside a hospital. Quite often, mistakes are made by both the physicians and nursing staff.
Time Limits To File Michigan Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
The statute of limitations to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Michigan is generally two years from the date of the injury. There are some exceptions to this deadline for cases involving minors and those involving the death of the patient. There is also the very limited "discovery rule," which may extend the filing date if the medical negligence was discovered after the two year period. The failure to file a lawsuit within this time limit will forever bar your claim so it is important to speak with our lawyers immediately if you believe you have a medical malpractice claim.
Examples of Michigan Medical Malpractice Settlements
Our expert medical malpractice lawyers win the highest possible settlements and jury verdicts. Below are examples of medical negligence lawsuits won by our award winning law firm.
- $4,100,000 Settlement against a Michigan hospital for surgical error that caused severe complications.
- $3,750,000 Settlement for an Ann Arbor teenager not properly supervised in the suicide wing of a hospital.
- $ 900,000 Settlment against a hospital and neurosurgeon for a misdiagnois of cauda equina syndrome.
- $ 625,000 Settlement for the family of a patient who died from a misdiagnosed pulmonary embolism.
- $ 400,000 Settlement against an emergency room for failing to diagnose frostbite for a patient in Detroit.
- $ 390,000 Settlement in Port Huron for a patient who suffered serious complications after surgery.
- $ 290,000 Settlement for a Michigan woman who suffered a pressure ulcer in the intensive care unit.
We have many other settlements that could not be disclosed due to confidentiality agreements with the medical providers. Doctors and hospitals often require this provision as a part of the settlement agreement.
Free Michigan Medical Malpractice Lawyer Consultation
You need a qualified and experienced malpractice attorney review your case. Our medical negligence attorneys will get all of the medical records and review them to find out exactly what went wrong. We will then contact one of our nationally respected medical experts to determine if the medical provider was negligence and if the medical negligence caused a serious injury.
After we consult with our experts, we will discuss the opinions with you. If there was medical malpractice that caused injury or death, we will file your medical malpractice lawsuit. We have won significant settlements in medical malpractice cases for our clients. We will do the same for you.
No Fees Unless You Win Your Michigan Medical Malpractice Case
You can afford to have the best medical malpractice law firm on your side.There is no cost whatsoever to start your case. If we cannot get you a settlement for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money or legal fees to get started on your case
- We pay all case costs and expenses from start to finish
- You are not charged any legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls, e-mails, and office visits are always free, forever
Start Your Michigan Medical Malpractice Claim
There are three easy ways to get started on your medical malpractice case. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page and you will be contacted shortly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
- Chat with our online intake specialist and an attorney will call you soon.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan medical malpractice lawsuits.