Our Michigan dog bite lawyers represent victims of dog bite attacks. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. experienced attorneys get compensation and settlements for victims in cases throughout the entire State of Michigan. We help you win the highest possible dog bite settlement for your case.
Our dog bite injury lawyers represent children, adults, postal workers, service providers, and utility workers. We can help you if you or someone you care about suffered injuries in a dog attack. We get our clients to top dog bite settlement awards in Michigan.
Many times, the person bitten by the dog is a friend, relative, or neighbor of the dog owner. While his may present an uncomfortable situation, we assure everyone involved that our intent is only to seek a settlement from homeowner’s insurance company for the dog owner. This reduces the strain on a good relationship and prevents potential bad feelings amongst friends and family in the future.
Common Types of Michigan Dog Bite Injuries
The most common and typical injuries seen by our dog bite injury lawyers after a dog attack are:
- Puncture wounds
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement resulting from scars
- Bone Fractures
- Nerve Damage
- Dog Bite Death from fatal dog attacks
In addition to physical injuries, a dog bite victim often suffers from psychological damages as well. These psychological damages can include, but are not limited to, nightmares, post-traumatic stress syndrome, humiliation and embarrassment.
Michigan Dog Bite Laws & Settlements
There are Michigan dog bite laws set forth in state statutes and under local ordinances. Owners and keepers of dogs in Michigan are strictly liable for dog bites and attacks. This means that the dog bite victim does not have to prove that the dog owner was negligent, only that he or she was bitten or attacked. There are additional leash laws that provide a legal basis for filing a lawsuit for dog bites and attacks. We use these dog bite laws to win dog bite compensation and settlements for our clients.
Dog bite settlements include compensation for pain and suffering, disfiguring scars, payment of medical expenses and hospital bills, as well as lost wages for time missed from work. We have won significant settlement and jury verdicts in Michigan dog bite or attack cases. The amount of a dog bite settlement award is determined from a number of factors, which include:
- The circumstances of the dog bite or attack
- The type of injuries suffered by the person bit by the dog
- The location of the injuries on the person bit by the dog (face, arms, legs, etc.)
- The amount of medical treatment needed by the dog bite victim and future medical treatment needed
- Whether there are permanent injuries, scars, & disfigurements
- The amount of medical expenses, bills, and lost wages
- The amount of insurance coverage for the dog owner
Our attorneys will evaluate all of these factors and discuss with you the likely dog bite settlement award for your case. Our lawyers almost always get you substantially greater compensation than if you were to try to settle your case directly with the insurance company adjuster, even after our legal fees. This is often several times the highest settlement offer made to you.
Examples of Michigan Dog Bite Settlements
Our expert dog bite and animal attack lawyers win the highest possible settlements and jury verdicts. Below is an examples of dog bite lawsuits won by our award winning law firm.
- $485,000 Settlement for a two year old girl viciously mauled by a pit bull in St. Clair County.
- $475,000 Settlement for a woman attacked by a neighbor's dog that escaped from the yard.
- $225,000 Settlement for a young girl bitten in the face by a neighbor's dog.
- $175,000 Settlement for an Oakland County woman attacked by two dogs at the same time.
- $175,000 Settlement for a 9 year old girl attacked by a dog in an Ypsilanti apartment complex
How We Help Your After a Dog Bite or Attack
Our dog bite injury attorneys will get the animal control reports, police reports, medical records, and medical bills. We then contact the insurance company for the dog owner to set up your claim. We will deal directly with the insurance adjuster to get your medical bills paid and you reimbursed for your out of pocket medical expenses.
We then negotiate with the insurance adjuster to get you the highest possible settlement for your case. If you do not receive a fair settlement offer, we file a dog bite lawsuit on your behalf. Suing for a dog bite doesn't have to be difficult and we handle everything from start to finish. We will do everything to make this a stress free process for you.
Our No Fee Promise for Michigan Dog Bite Cases
You can afford to have the best dog bite law firm on your side. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever.
Get Your Free Michigan Dog Bite Lawyer Consultation
To start on your case today, you can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Engage with the Live Chat operator on the screen
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to speak with a dog bite injury lawyer about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan dog bite lawsuits. Call us to learn more about Michigan dog bite lawsuits and to see if you are entitled to a dog bite settlement award.