Our Michigan bus accident injury lawyers represent clients injured in mass transit accident cases. We handle serious injury cases for both passengers on the bus and other motorists hit by a bus. We also represent motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians struck by a bus.
These bus accident cases involve all different types of buses, including public buses (like SMART, SEMTA, Detroit Department of Transportation, The Ride, Ann Arbor Transportation Authority), school buses, and private charter buses (like Greyhound). Automotive accidents involving mass transit buses can be dangerous and cause serious injuries, including death.
Causes of Michigan Bus Accidents
- Common causes of bus accidents include the following:
- Negligent driving of the bus driver, including speeding, running red lights, and improper turns.
- Defects and mechanical problems with the bus, inlcuding breaks and sticking accelerators.
- Road conditions and construction problems
- Fatigue of the bus driver for driving without enough sleep to safely operate the bus
- Negligence by the bus company for hiring an unfit driver
- Poor weather, including snow and ice.
- Blind spots interfering with the vision of the driver
- Lack of safety features and devices in the bus
- Bus driver negligence.
Common Michigan Bus Accident Injuries
Catastrophic injuries are frequent outcomes of bus accidents because of the difference in size and weight of the other vehicle involved in the accident. Wrongful death is frequent in bus accidents. Common injuries include:
- Closed head/traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries, including quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Broken bones and fractures
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Knee injuries
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injury
No-Fault Insurance Benefits After a Bus Accident
Every bus passenger injured in an accident is entitled to receive Michigan No-Fault Insurance benefits. These benefits pay for unlimited lifetime medical expenses, lost wages, attendant care benefits, household services, and other substantial benefits. A bus passenger can receive these benefits even if the passenger did not own a vehicle or have an auto insurance policy. Call us and we will tell you how to get these benefits started immediately.
Motorists, bikers, bicyclists, and pedestrians injured due to the negligence of a bus driver may also be entitled to No-Fault insurance benefits. Our attorneys will determine if you are eligible for these benefits and determine which auto insurance company is responsible to pay your benefits. We will assist you in filing your claims.
Examples of Our Michgan Bus Accident Settlements
Our expert bus accident lawyers win the highest possible settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Below are examples of dog bite lawsuits won by our award winning law firm.
- $1,600,000 Settlement for a wrongful death lawsuit where a man was killed in a bus collision.
- $1,000,000 Settlement for a Michigan charter bus accident.
- $950,000 Settlement for a St. Clair County woman who was rear ended by a bus.
- $525,000 Settlement for a man who was severely injured in a Detroit bus crash.
Best Michigan Bus Accident Lawyers
Our legal team includes the most successful bus accident attorneys in Michigan. Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. and our lawyers have won the top awards in the legal profession, including:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Law Firms
- "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Michigan
- Honored as "Super Lawyers"
- Top Martindale-Hubbell Rating (AV) for Skill & Integrity
Michigan Bus Accident Lawyer Review
Our No Fee Promise on Michigan Bus Accident Cases
You can afford to have the best accident law firm on your side. It literally costs nothing to get started and if your case is unsuccessful for any reason, you owe us nothing. We promise you in writing:
- No money to get started
- We pay all case costs and expenses
- No legal fees whatsoever unless you receive a settlement
- Phone calls are always free, forever
Get Your Free Michigan Bus Accident Lawyer Consultation
There are two ways to get started on your case. You can:
- Submit the Free Case Review Box on this page. We will contact you shortly.
- Call (800) 606-1717 any time of day to tell us about your case.
Warning: There are strict time deadlines for filing Michigan bus accident lawsuits.