Posted on Oct 29, 2007A seventy-five year old woman who was hospitalized at Henry Ford Macomb Hsopital after a heart attack suffered serious facial burns due to a medical mistake. The woman, who does not speak English, fell out of her bed and suffered facial injuries, including lacerations and a broken nose.
While attempting the cauterize the wounds, the medical staff neglected to remove her oxygen mask. As one could predict, this started a fire directly in her face and caused significant burn injuries. The hospital acknowledged their negligence and promises to accept accountability, but their actual intentions remain to be seen at this time.