Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Michigan Replacement Service Benefits: Household Help Claims

Michigan Replacement Services Lawsuit LawyersA person who suffers serious injuries from a Michigan car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident or bicycle accident may be unable to do the chores around the home that he or she was able to do prior to being injured. Michigan household replacement service benefits are payments for services performed around your home that you used to do but can no longer complete due to the injuries from the Michigan car accident. These services include, but are not limited to, cooking, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, laundry, cutting the grass, shoveling the snow, and taking out the garbage. The person providing the services can be a family member, friend, or someone that you hire to help you.

Household Chores & Replacement Service Benefits

You can receive up to $20.00 a day for household service. This amounts to $600.00 each month during your recovery. You are entitled to these household chores and replacement service benefits for up to the first three years after the date of the accident if you are unable to perform the services yourself.  The person claiming payment for services must have an expectation of payment for the services, but this can be from the insurance company.

Submitting Your Michigan Replacement Service Benefit Claim

Your Michigan replacement service benefit claim must be submitted to the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim. To file your household service claim, you need a prescription from your doctor for these services. Typically, you would submit a a list of the services performed each day of the month with the name of the person performing the household chores. The insurance company has thirty days to pay you after the form was sent to the adjuster.

What To Do If Your Replacement Service Claim is Denied

If your insurance company refuses to pay your household service benefits, your only option is to file a lawsuit. You must file a lawsuit within one year of the date on which the last unpaid No-Fault benefit was incurred.

Contact a Michigan Replacement Services Lawyer

For more information about your rights to receive Michigan No-Fault replacement service benefits, call us now at  (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our Michigan No-Fault insurance lawyers. You can also request a free case review by completing and submitting the Get Help Now form on this page. A lawyer will be in contact with you shortly.

Our law firm will represent you under our No Fee Promise. This means that it will cost you absolutely nothing to speak with an attorney, go over your situation and learn what your best course of action will be. If you do have a case, we will begin work on it immediately and keep you updated every step of the way. You do not pay anything unless we are able to reach a settlement or jury verdict for you. It's that simple!

Need help? Call our award-winning lawyers 24/7 at (800) 606-1717

Awards & Recognition

We are proud to have earned the highest possible ratings for our achievements in the legal profession.

Get A Free Consultation

We are very interested in hearing from you. Please fill out this form and an experienced Michigan personal injury lawyer will contact you shortly to discuss your case.
(800) 606-1717

Get Legal Help Now

Detroit Area Office
  • 25800 Northwestern Highway #890
    Southfield, MI 48075
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
Macomb County Office