Although school bus accidents happen infrequently, the personal injury lawyers in Michigan at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. want to notify you of the potential dangers of school bus stop accidents. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), since 1998 there have been over 415,000 fatal motor vehicle crashes, only about 1,500 were classified as school transportation related. These school transportation related accidents have resulted in over 1,600 people losing their lives since 1998.
Michigan School Bus Stop Safety Tips
Our school bus accident lawyers in Michigan suggest that there needs to be more awareness of the dangers that school buses present. If applicable please try to:
- Try to walk your child to the bus stop (wait for them to board, then meet them when they get dropped off in the afternoon).
- Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before leaving your seat.
- Make sure to look both ways when crossing.
- Make sure your child knows to walk at least 10 feet in front of the bus to allow more visibility to the driver of the people unloading.
- If driving, always stop for a school bus.
- If driving, slow down and be alert if you see children gathering near school bus stops.
No-Fault Insurance After a Michigan School Bus Accident
People injured in a school bus accident often have claims for their personal injuries and can file Michigan No-Fault Insurance claim for medical expenses, lost wages, and other benefits. Families of people who are killed in school bus accidents can often file a Michigan Wrongful Death Claim.
Michigan School Bus Accident Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our Michigan school bus accident lawyers will represent you in your Michigan school bus accident case under our No Fee Promise. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Michigan School Bus Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Michigan school bus accident, you should call the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. law firm now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan school bus accident attorneys about your case. We will start working on your case immediately gathering all the evidence and witness statements to win and settle your case. Call today for your free consultation!