Our Michigan nursing home lawyers file lawsuits for nursing home residents and their families against skilled nursing and residential care facilities. A resident injured by nursing home neglect can file a lawsuit if there is evidence that proves the facility was negligent. We will review the medical charts and records to see if you have a case.
Common injuries from nursing home abuse and neglect include pressure sores, infections, broken bones, debicutus ulcers, sepsis, and fractures. Many times, the neligence results in the death of the resident.
Our Recent Michigan Nursing Home Settlements & Verdicts
We have obtained significant settlements for victims of nursing home injuries in Michigan. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $5,000,080 wrongful death verdict against a Michigan assisted living facility
- $675,000 Northern Michigan assisted living home fall injury settlement
- $475,000 wrongful death settlement against an assisted living facility
- $400,000 sexual assault settlment against an assisted living facility
- $400,000 wrongful death settlement against a Detroit area nursing home
- $300,000 settlement for a Stage IV bedsore at a Lansing area skilled nursing facility
- $275,000 bedsore settlement against a nursing home and physician for decubitus ulcer.
- $275,000 nursing home neglect settlement for resident elopement.
- $250,000 for resident who suffered a fractured hip in a fall
- $225,000 settlement for the family of resident who died from an impacted bowel
- $200,000 Michigan settlement on behalf of a nursing home resident who suffered a Stage IV pressure ulcer
- $195,000 settement for a resident who suffered a fractured hip from a nursing home fall
- $190,000 settlement for a bedsore in a downriver Detroit nursing home
- Confidential nursing home elopement settlement in Oakland County, Michigan
These are only a few of the many sizeable settlements we have successfully attained for our nursing home neglect clients. To view more of our Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. case results, visit our Michigan settlements and jury verdicts page. Many of these settlements must be kept confidential as a condition of the settlemetn with the nursing home.
What Determines A Michigan Nursing Home Settlement Amount
There are several factors that go into determining what is a fair settlement for a nursing home victim in Michigan. These include:
- How the nursing home injury occurred
- Where the nursing home injury occurred (city, county)
- The type of negligence or abuse that caused the injury
- The type of injuries and medical treatment required
- The permanency of the injury
- The recovery of the injury by the rsident
- The amount of medical bills related to the nursing home injury
What Is The Settlement Value of Your Michigan Nursing Home Case
Using the factors listed above, our attoneys can evaluate your nursing home injury case and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. That being said, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case.
FREE Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after Michigan nursing home abuse or neglect, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on nursing home abuse claims and includes why most nursing home injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Michigan Nursing Home Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our Michigan nursing home abuse attorneys will represent you in your Michigan nursing home injury case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Michigan Nursing Home Lawyer
If you or a family member suffered a nursing home injury, you should contact our Michigan nursing home injury lawyers immediately. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan nursing home injury lawyers about your case.