Our Michigan nursing home lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in lawsuits against nursing homes and residential care facilities. There are strict laws and regulations to protect the safety and welfare of these residents. Unfortunately, nursing home patients do not always receive appropriate care and the results can be severe and are often deadly.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. If the patient is injured or dies due to improper treatment and neglect, that person or his or her family should explore taking action against the facility. When choosing a nursing home for yourself or a family member to reside in, you want to make sure you ask certain crucial questions. Here are some important questions you should ask, found in a recent Detroit Free Press Article:
- Where are the state inspection reports, also known as “2567” reports?
- What’s the facilities track record for your special needs?
- What type of insurance does the home accept? If Medicare runs out, does the facility accept Medicaid for patients who qualify?
- How strict is the facility’s routine?
- If the facility has been cited for serious violations, what changes have been made to prevent future problems?
- Are pets allowed? What about visitors who bring pets?
- Is the food tempting? (Hint: visit during a meal and look at the food. Also see if residents are engaged or waiting for help)
- Can resident decorate their rooms as they wish?
- Will the resident and family members be involved with the development of care plans?
- What about special accommodations – religions services, social activities, transportation to community activities?
FREE Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after Michigan nursing home abuse or neglect, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on nursing home abuse claims and includes why most nursing home injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Michigan Nursing Home Neglect Lawyers No Fee Promise
We will sue a nursing home in Michigan for your neglect or abuse case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Michigan Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer Today
Individuals who want to sue a Michigan Nursing Home should contact the Michigan nursing home abuse and neglect firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan nursing home neglect lawyers about your case.