Our Michigan drunk driving lawyers handle cases involving injury victims against drunk drivers and the establishment that served the alcohol throughout the State of Michigan. The injuries suffered are often severe and permanent, including scars, disfigurement, nerve damage, traumatic brain injury, closed head injury, spinal cord injury, broken bones, and even death. Motorists and pedestrians injured by drunk driver or intoxicated drivers have legal rights against the negligent driver and often also against the bar, restaurant, or establishment that served the drunk driver the alcohol that caused the intoxication.
Our Recent Michigan Drunk Driving Settlements
We have obtained significant settlements for victims of drunk driving accidents in Michigan. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $1,000,000 settlement for a victims’ family killed in a Michigan drunk driving accident.
- $500,000 settlement for a Lansing area woman struck by a drunk driver.
- $650,000 drunk driving accident settlement for lawsuit filed by a husband and wife against a drunk driver that was driving an employer's vehicle at the time of the accident. The victims suffered significant injuries in the accident, including a knee injury, hand injury, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- $280,000 Detroit car accident settlement for three clients who sustained serious injuries when their vehicle was struck by a drunk driver.
- $100,000 Michigan drunk driver crash settlement for a man who suffered severe orthopedic injuries in a car accident caused by a drunk driver.
- $100,000 pedestrian accident settlement against drunk driver for pedestrian injured after being struck by a drunk driver in Wayne County, Michigan.
- $80,000 Michigan drunk driving settlement for an man struck and injured by a drunk driver in Michigan. He had suffered serious injuries including neck and back pain, as well as a herniated and bulging discs.
These are only a few of the many great settlements we have successfully attained for our drunk driver accident injury clients. To view more of our Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. case results, visit our Michigan settlements and jury verdicts page.
What Determines A Michigan Drunk Driving Settlement Case
There are several factors that go into determining what is a fair settlement for a drunk driving victim in Michigan. These include:
- How the drunk driving accident occurred
- Where the drunk driving accident occurred
- Whether the drunk driver has insurance coverage for the accident
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The type and location of the injuries (arms, face, legs)
- The seriousness of the injuries and the type of medical treatment
- The permanency of the scars and disfigurement
- The age and sex of the victim
- The amount of medical bills related to the drunk driving accident
What Is The Value of Your Michigan Drunk Driving Case
Using the factors listed above, we can evaluate your drunk driving case and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. That being said, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and what the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case.
FREE Michigan Drunk Driver Accident Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan drunk driving accident injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Drunk Driving Accident Handbook" by Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book serves as a guide to victims of Michigan drunk driving accidents on their legal rights. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE.
Michigan Drunk Driver Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our Michigan drunk driver accident lawyers will represent you in your case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Michigan Drunk Driver Accident Lawyers
The law changes frequently in matters related to drunk driving and dram shop cases. That makes it essential to contact a knowledgeable lawyer who stays up to date with evolving law. If you have been injured by a drunk driver, contact the Michigan accident law firm that focuses on dram shop cases.
Call us now at (800) 606-1717. Our attorneys and investigators will start working on your case immediately and begin gathering the witness statements and evidence to prove and win your case.