Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers handle medical negligence cases against hospitals. These lawsuits arise when a patient is injured or harmed by a medical error or mistake. In cases involving the death of a patient, we pursue a wrongful death claim for the family.
Mercy Hospital Cadillac is a general medical and surgical hospital in Cadillac, MI, with about 65 beds. Survey data for the latest year available shows that 21,108 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had a total of 4,317 admissions. Its physicians performed 907 inpatient and 3,376 outpatient surgeries.
Medical Malpractice Statistics
According to an article, Medical Malpractice Statistics by Abhiji Naik, an estimated 225,000 people die each year from some form of medical malpractice, from incorrect dosages to surgical errors. Out of those deaths, 106,000 is from the negative effects of their medication. Other medical malpractice statistics include:
- A full half of medical malpractice lawsuits are filed against practicing surgeons.
- The ratio between medical malpractice claims is 7.6.:1; for every 7.6 people who suffer injuries due to medical negligence, only one person files a malpractice claim.
- Around 25% of the doctors in the United States get litigated for malpractice.
- In 2010, 19,000 medical malpractice claim payments were made in the United States.
- Medical negligence is the third largest cause of death in the United States.
Most Common Medical Malpractice Mistakes in Michigan
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth Injury
- Medication Errors
- Surgery Mistakes
Contact Our Michigan Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or a loved one have been a victim of medical malpractice at Mercy Hospital Cadillac, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering. Call our award winning lawyers today at (800) 606-1717 and an attorney will be available to speak with you about your situation.
We do not charge any legal fees. It will literally cost you nothing to get started on your claim. If we are unable to get you a settlement, you will owe us nothing. We put that in writing for you. There is nothing to lose, call us today!