Our Lahser Hills Care Center nursing home abuse lawyers represent nursing home residents and their families in lawsuits against nursing homes and residential care facilities. There are strict laws and regulations to protect the safety and welfare of these residents. Unfortunately, nursing home patients do not always receive appropriate care and the results can be severe and are often deadly.
When an elderly person moves into a nursing home, the family places a tremendous amount of trust in the facility and its staff. If the patient is injured or dies due to improper treatment and neglect, that person or his or her family should explore taking action against the facility.
Causes of Lahser Hills Care Center Nursing Home Abuse
Our expert attorneys pursue cases for many different causes of nursing home abuse and neglect. These include:
- Failure to turn or move immobile patients
- Failure to bathe patients
- Failure to supervise patients in baths and showers
- Failure to monitor nutrition and hydration/malnutrition
- Failure to use bed rails
- Verbal abuse of residents
- Failure to supervise patients
- Failure to train staff properly
- Patients wandering away from the facility
- Reduced staff-patient ratios
Lahser Hills Care Center accommodates 157 residents for both short and long term care. It also provides physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech & language therapy. Other services offered by Lahser Hills include: Post-acute care, respite care, comfort care, hospice services, dental services, podiatry and foot care, ophthalmology and eye health, mental health services in psychiatric medicine and psychology, 24-hour nursing care, full time social worker, etc.
Violations against Lahser Hills Care Center include:
- Failing to “prevent misappropriation of narcotic medication for patients Nos. 108 and 109 on March 13th. The report said it also found a drug diversion of 16 narcotic pills.”
- Failure to report to a state agency it had knowledge of two nursing employees that failed to have professional nursing licenses and certification.
- A CNA “Xeroxed a copy of a medical diploma from a career institute” and did not have proper certification in a report February 29th. In addition, 22 workers did not have fingerprint scans to check for criminal backgrounds in an entry dated March 20th.
Lahser Hills Care Center Nursing Home Abuse Symptoms
The Lahser Hills Care Center nursing home abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C., recommend that families be alert to these signs of nursing home abuse:
- Medication Errors
- Pressure sores and bed sores
- Infections, including gangrene
- Unexplained falls resulting in broken bones
- Fractures (frequently hips)
- Debicutus Ulcers
- Withdrawal, failure to speak, or
- Unusual fears
- Residents wandering away from the facility
Legal Rights After A Lahser Hills Care Center Nursing Home Abuse Injury
Patients and their families can file civil claims seeking money compensation for the injuries suffered due to nursing home neglect and abuse. In situations in which a patient dies due to the negligence of the facility, the family can file a Michigan Wrongful Death Claim for the loss of their loved one.
FREE Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after Michigan nursing home abuse or neglect, you can order our FREE book, "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook," by top-rated Michigan lawyer Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on nursing home abuse claims and includes why most nursing home injuries are never reported or discovered. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Statute of Limitations For Michigan Nursing Home Abuse Lawsuits
The statute of limitations for nursing home abuse varies from state to state. There are strict limitations for filing a nursing home abuse lawsuit. If you miss a deadline, your claim will be lost forever. To avoid these severe consequences, you should contact the Michigan nursing home abuse lawyers at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. immediately. Our lawyers will start working on your case immediately, reviewing your entire medical chart to gather evidence necessary to prove and win your case.
Contact Our Lahser Hills Care Center Nursing Home Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been suffered from Lahser Hills Care Center nursing home abuse or neglect, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit against the care facility. Call us at (800) 606-1717 to speak with a top rated lawyer. We will listen to your story and inform you of your best course of action. We represent all clients under our No Fee Promise, which means you will not pay anything unless we are able to obtain a settlement or jury verdict. There is nothing to lose so call today!