According to research, 7 out of 1,000 births result in a birth injury. In addition, studies show that a higher number of injuries occur to male babies than female ones. Our cerebral palsy attorneys at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. realize the financial burden a birth injury can have on the child and their family. If your child suffered an injury during labor and delivery, the cerebral palsy attorneys in Michigan are ready and willing to fight for the benefits your child deserves.
Questions to Ask If an Injury Occurred During Labor & Delivery
It is important to know how to identify if medical malpractice took place during your labor and delivery. If you think your child suffered a brain injury during the labor and delivery stage of your pregnancy it is essential to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you think your child lacked the appropriate amount of oxygen and nutrients during labor and delivery?
- Did it take more than 24 hours to deliver your baby after your water broke?
- Did the hospital fail to understand any specific exams taken during your labor and delivery?
- Did your labor and delivery require usage of forceps or a vacuum extractor which may have led to birth injuries?
- Did the hospital fail to deliver your baby in a timely manner?
- Did you experience any umbilical cord problems during labor and delivery?
- During delivery was your baby stuck in the birth canal? Did the doctor perform a C-section?
- Did your baby’s heart rate indicate fetal distress at any time during labor and delivery?
Free Michigan Medical Malpractice Book
If you would like more information about Michigan medical malpractice laws, you can order our free book, "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook," by Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on medical malpractice claims and includes why most malpractice victims never receive compensation for their injuries. The book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for Free!
Michigan Labor & Delivery Error No Fee Promise
Our attorneys will represent you in your Michigan labor and delivery lawsuit under our No Fee Promise. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Michigan Labor and Delivery Error Attorney
If your child suffered an injury during labor and delivery, you should contact the Michigan birth injury firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. immediately. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan birth injury lawyers about your case.