Toll-Free: (800) 606-1717
Phone: (248) 569-4646
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.

Michigan Home Modifications & Accommodations Benefits

A person who sustains serious injuries as a result of a Michigan car accident, truck accident, motorcycle accident, bicycle accident may be unable to comfortably live in his or her current home or apartment. Michigan home modifications and accommodations benefits are payments for the remodeling done to the home or apartment to make the living situation comfortable for the injured person. The insurance company is required to pay for remodeling for items such as handicapped ramps, additional rooms, wider doorways, and even bathrooms and showers to make it easier for an injured person to live in the home.


Home Modifications & Accommodations Benefit Payments


There is no limit on the amount of money that the no-fault insurance company must pay. The dollar amount paid for these services depends on the type of disability and the special needs of the injured person. Typically, an architect or contractor works alongside the medical provider to design the most appropriate changes for the home.


Submitting Your Home Modifications & Accommodations Benefit Claim


Your Michigan Home Modifications and Accommodations Benefit Claim must be submitted to the insurance adjuster assigned to your claim. To file your home modification claim, you need a prescription from your doctor or an occupational therapist for these modifications and a reasonable plan for the remodeling. Additionally, you may need to enter a contract with a construction company for the needed remodeling.


Time Limit for Your Home Modifications & Accommodations Benefit Claim


You should submit your Michigan home modifications claim for these expenses once it has been determined by a doctor that it is necessary and you should have a contract for the necessary remodeling work.


What To Do If Your Home Modifications Claim is Denied


If your insurance company refuses to pay your home modifications benefits, your only recourse is to file a lawsuit against your insurance company.


If you choose to begin a lawsuit against your insurance company for No-Fault benefits, you must file a lawsuit within one year of the date on which the last unpaid No-Fault benefit was incurred.


If you fail to file your lawsuit within this one year period, you will lose the right to have the benefit or expense paid.


Contact a Michigan Home Modifications Claim Lawyer


For more information about your rights regarding Michigan No-Fault home modifications benefits call us now at  (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our Michigan No-Fault Insurance Lawyers about your case or simply submit this contact form and we will get back to you quickly.

Detroit Area Office
  • 25800 Northwestern Highway
    Southfield, MI 48075
  • Phone: (248) 569-4646
  • Fax: (248) 569-6737
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions
Ann Arbor Office
  • 343 S. Main Street, #206
    Ann Arbor, MI 48104
  • Phone: (734) 780-7633
  • Fax: (248) 569-4646
  • Toll Free: (800) 606-1717
  • Get Directions