Our Michigan medical malpractice lawyers handle cases involving injuries resulting from medical errors at hospital emergency rooms and departments. Emergency rooms are busy, stressful environments and often full of patients who need medical attention immediately. The doctors and other health care professionals that work there are often highly dedicated and well-trained. However, there are still preventable medical errors that occur in emergency rooms that should never happen. These mistakes can give rise to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
Common Emergency Room Medical Errors
The most common medical errors and mistakes made by emergency room doctors include:
- Failing to diagnose an infection, like meningitis
- Failing to diagnose appendicitis or bowel obstructions
- Not diagnosing a heart attack and discharging the patient home
- Misdiagnosing a stroke or failing to diagnose a stroke
- Not ordering necessary x-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, or other radiology tests
- Failing to consult with a medical specialist
- Failing to order necessary tests and lab work
- Failing to treat any condition that was previously properly diagnosed
- Failing to admit a patient to the hospital to monitor and treat
- Discharging a patient before a proper medical workup
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers will review your emergency records to determine if you were injured or harmed by an emergency room error. If the injury was caused medical negligence, we will file a medical malpractice lawsuit for you. These lawsuits seek compensation and settlements for the injuries and harm caused by the mistake. This includes claims for pain and suffering, disability, and medical expenses. If a patient dies, we file a Michigan wrongful death lawsuit.
Statute of Limitations For Michigan Emergency Malpractice Lawsuits
The statute of limitations for medical malpractice cases varies from state to state. In Michigan, you must file a medical malpractice lawsuit within two years of the date of the malpractice. In cases involving death or involving a minor, the period can be extended in certain circumstances. If you miss a deadline, your claim will be lost forever. .
Our No Fee Promise for Michigan Emergency Room Medical Malpractice Cases
We will represent you in your Michigan malpractice case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Our Michigan Emergency Room Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you suspect that you or a family member have been the victim of medical malpractice due to an emergency room error, you should contact our experienced medical malpractice lawyers to discuss your case. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to start on your case.