Our Michigan dog bite lawyers handle cases involving dog bites and attacks throughout the State of Michigan. These are personal injury cases seeking money settlements for victims of dog attacks. The injuries suffered are often severe and permanent, including scars, disfigurement, and even nerve damage. Many victims also suffer psychological damage, including post-traumatic stress disorder.
Our Recent Michigan Dog Bite Settlements
We have obtained significant settlements for victims of dog bites and attacks in Michigan. Many of these are on behalf of children and infants who have suffered injuries in those attacks. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $485,000 St. Clair County settlement for a girl bitten on the face by a vicious dog.
- $225,000 - Warren, Michigan dog bite injury settlement for a young girl who was bitten in the face by a neighbor's dog. She had significant scars which required plastic surgery.
- $175,000 Oakland County dog bite settlement for a forty-year old woman who was bitten and attacked by two of her neighbors dogs.
- $150,000 settlement for Macomb County dog attack on behalf of an elder woman knocked down and bitten by a dog as she walked on a public street.
- $150,000 child injury dog bite settlement for a young girl who suffered a severe laceration to her face and nose due to a dog bite at a relative's home.
- $77,000 Dog attack settlement on behalf of a teenage girl who was bitten on the face by a relative's dog while eating dinner at their home. She suffered serious injuries, including permanent scarring and bite above her lip, which required twenty-one stiches.
- $62,500 - Settlement for a woman who was attacked and bitten by a dog. She suffered physical injuries, including scars, and psychological damages due to this attack.
- $62,500 Michigan Dog Bite Settlement - Dog bite settlement for a woman was who attacked and bitten by a dog. She suffered scars from the bite marks and psychological injuries from being attacked.
- $55,000 - Settlement for a young girl who suffered a facial scar due to a dog bite. )
What Determines A Michigan Dog Bite Settlement Case
There are several factors that go into determining what is a fair settlement for a dog bite attack victim in Michigan. These include:
- How the dog bite attack occurred
- Where the dog bite attack occurred
- Whether there was any provocation for the bite attack
- Whether the dog owner has insurance coverage for the attack
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The type and location of the injuries (arms, face, legs)
- The seriousness of the injuries and the type of medical treatment
- The permanency of the scars and disfigurement
- The age and sex of the victim
- The amount of medical bills related to the dog bite attack
What Is The Amount of Your Michigan Dog Bite Settlement
Using the factors listed above, we can evaluate your dog bite case and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. With that in mind, we can tell you if you have a case worth pursuing and what the likelihood is of receiving a settlement for you case. If you have a case, we will start working on it immediately.
Free Michigan Dog Bite Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after a Michigan dog bite injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Ultimate Michigan Dog Bite and Animal Attack Handbook" by Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book explains Michigan law on dog bites and animal attacks, your legal rights after a dog bite, and how to get the best money settlement for you injuries. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE.
Our No Fee Promise For Michigan Dog Bite Injury Cases
We will represent you in your Michigan dog bite case under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact Your Michigan Dog Bite Injury Lawyer
Our experienced Michigan dog bite law firm will start workin on your case immediately. We will get your medical records, the animal control report, and contact the dog owner's insurance company to start your claim. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak an attorney or submit the GET HELP NOW box on this page and we will contact you shortly.