The Michigan personal injury lawyers of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. are pleased to announce the third annual Disability Scholarship Program. Located in Southfield, Michigan, Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. represents clients throughout the United States in personal injury and medical malpractice cases. The scholarship program was created in 2013 as part of the law firm's commitment to helping students with disabilities or injuries who are in need of financial assistance for education purposes.
The scholarship will award $1,000.00 to one student selected by our scholarship selection committee. The student must be attending an accredited college or university. The program is open to students of any age, with any type of disability, including but not limited to physical disabilities, medical conditions, mental or psychiatric conditions, speech and language, learning disabilities, behavioral conditions, and all other conditions. We encourage all students to apply even if they are unsure if their specific disability qualifies for the scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient is a U.S. citizen enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States
- Has a disability diagnosis from any person qualified to make a diagnosis
- Completed at least one semester of classes at an accredited college or university
One $1,000.00 scholarship will be awarded to one student. The winner of the 2016 Disability Scholarship will be notified via phone by June 1, 2016.
The Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2016 Disability Scholarship award is to be used exclusively for college and university tuition and related expenses. A check for $1000.00 will be made payable to the recipient's college or university to cover these expenses and he or she is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
In order to apply for the Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. 2016 Disability Scholarship Program an applicant must submit the following items on or before April 1, 2016:
- A completed scholarship application form. Click here for 2016 Disability Scholarship application form.
- A one page typed essay describing how you overcame adversity caused by your disability and what you learned from that experience.
- An official or unofficial transcript from an accredited college or university that includes your most recent semester
- Diagnosis documentation of disability from a person qualified to make a diagnosis
HOW TO APPLY
Application materials should be mailed to:
Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C.
Attn: Disability Scholarship
258000 Northwestern Highway, Ste. 890
Southfield, MI 48075
Please note: We do not accept fax or e-mail applications. All required items should be mailed together in one package.
Completed applications must be post marked no later than April 1, 2016. No exceptions.