Our Detroit medical malpractice lawyers handle medical malpractice cases against doctors, clinics, urgent care centers, nursing homes, pharmacies, and hospitals for medical errors and medical malpractice that cause injuries or death to the patient. When a patient dies due to medical malpractice, it gives rise to a wrongful death lawsuit.
Types of Detroit Medical Malpractice Cases
There are many types of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Birth injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Surgery errors
- Operating room mistakes
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Emergency room errors
- Radiology errors & misread x-rays
- Nursing negligence
- Patient Falls
- Medication mistakes
- Hospital infections
- Failure to Diagnose
- Nursing home abuse & neglect
- Wrongful death
Detroit Area Hospitals and Medical Centers
Medical malpractice often occurs at a hospital. This includes improper treatment, misdiagnosis, surgery mistakes, failure to diagnose, and failure to order necessary medical testing before discharging a patient home. When a doctor or nurse at a hospital is negligent in their medical care of the patient, the hospital may be liable to the patient for any injuries caused.
In Detroit and in the surrounding Metropolitan Detroit area, the largest community hospitals include:
- Detroit Medical Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, Michigan
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center, Detroit, Michigan
- Harper/Hutzel Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Sinai Grace Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
- Karmanos Cancer Insititute, Detroit, Michigan
- Kresge Eye Institute, Detroit, Michigan
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital, Wyandotte, Michigan
- Kindred Hospital, Lincoln Park, Michigan
- St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Livonia, Michigan
- Oakwood Heritage Hospital, Taylor, Michigan
- Oakwood Southshore Medical Center, Trenton, Michigan
- Oakwood Annapolis Hospital, Wayne Michigan
- Oakwood Hospital and Medical Center, Dearborn, Michigan
- Garden City Hospital, Garden City, Michigan
- Henry Ford Cottage Hospital, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe, Michigan
- Riverside Osteopathic Hospital, Trenton, Michigan
- Specialty Select Hospital, Wyandotte, Michigan
Compensation In Detroit Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
Medical malpractice lawsuit settlements include compensation paid for both economic and non-economic losses. Non-economic claims include payment for the pain and suffering caused by the medical negligence.
Medical negligence lawsuits that involve the death of the patient, further non-economic damages can be sought. These include compensation for loss of emotional support, comfort, companionship, society, moral support, and consortium. In the case of death, we will pursue a wrongful death lawsuit on your family's behalf.
Compensation is also owed to the family for ecomonic losses caused by the medical negligence. These include loss of earnings, loss of financial support and loss of work benefits (health insurance, pension). These claims all will contribute to the final settlement amount of the lawsuit.
No Fees Unless You Win A Detroit Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
We do not charge any legal fees unless we are able to get you a settlement. We also pay all case costs and expenses. If you case is unsuccessful for any reason whatsoever, you will owe us nothing. We put that in writing for you.
Contact Our Detroit Medical Malpractice Lawyers
If you or a loved one have been the victim of medical malpractice at a Detroit area hospital or by a physician in the City of Detroit, it is important you contact our law firm today at (800) 606-1717. We will listen to your story and start working on your case immediately.