Our Michigan dog bite lawyers represent victims of dog attacks in Michigan. Under Michigan law, a person who is injured due to a dog bite or dog attack is entitled to compensation for his or her injuries. Our experienced attorneys at our award winning law firm have obtained significant settlements and jury verdicts for adults and children injured in a canine attack.
Any person bitten or attacked by a dog in Michigan is entitled to compensation for pain and suffering damages, unless that person was a trespasser on private property or provoked the dog into the attack. These damages are often significant and depend on a number of factors, which include:
- The severity of your injuries. A person can suffer broken bones, nerve damage and other serious injuries from a dog attack.
- The size and location of any scars or disfigurements resulting from the dog bite. Bites on the face and arms generally receive higher compensation because they are more conspicuous, especially on women and children.
- Psychological trauma from the dog attack, including Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- The type of medical treatment you received for your injuries and the future treatment that will be needed. If you have had plastic surgery or will need it in the future, this would likely increase the amount of your settlement.
- The amount of hospital expenses medical bills and expenses incurred due to the attack.
- The amount lost wages you have incurred from work time missed from the dog attack.
- The effects that the injuries from the dog bite have had on your life, such as your inability to engage in many of life’s activities and pleasures that you did before the accident.
- The amount of the insurance policy limits available from the dog owner’s insurance policy, which is usually either a business policy or homeowner’s insurance policy.
There is no specific formula and you must rely on the skill and expertise of your lawyer to maximize your settlement. Our dog bite lawyers understand how to maximize the compensation you receive. We will work hard to get you the best possible settlement for your case.
No Fee Promise Michigan Dog Bite Lawyers
Our NO FEE PROMISE guarantees you that you will receive the best possible legal representation for your Michigan dog bite case at no cost, unless you receive a settlement in your case. If we agree to accept your case, we will perform all of the legal work and pay all of the file costs and expenses. We only charge legal fees if you receive compensation in your case and we only get paid our fees at the end of the case.
Contact A Michigan Dog Bite Lawyer
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury from a dog bite in Michigan, our lawyers can help you recover compensation. Call us today at (800) 606-1717 and an attorney will be available to speak with you about your situation. If you have been injured, you do have a right to receive compensation, so call us today so we can get started helping you get what you deserve!