Our Michigan birth injury lawyers handle cases involving cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, brachial plexus palsy, and birth injuries caused by medical error throughout the State of Michigan. Children injured by a medical mistake in Michigan can file a birth injury lawsuit to help pay for specialized education, housing accommodations, and significant lifetime medical expenses. These settlements help the family with the necessary financial support during the child's lifetime.
Our Michigan Cerebral Palsy Settlements
We have obtained significant settlements for children born with cerebral palsy and their families. We have listed some of these settlements below.
- $7,530,000 birth injury lawsuit settlement for a child with permanent blindness as a result of failure to diagnose and treat the mother with G. vaginalis bacteria before delivery.
- $3,000,000 settlement for a birth injury using a vacuum extractor which was in violation of the standard of care. The child suffered significant injury by perinatal asphyxia and mechanical trauma to the head.
- $1,950,000 Michigan birth injury settlement brought on behalf of a child who suffered from fetal asphyxia resulting in cerebral palsy.
- $1,900,000 Michigan settlement for a mother whose child suffers injuries from a hospitals failure to recognize distress during labor and delivery.
- $975,000 settlement against OBGYN and medical providers for failure to deliver baby a week earlier than delivery date causing the newborn to suffer fetal distress which led to brain damage and cerebral palsy.
- $600,000 Detroit Michigan jury verdict awarded to a child with Erb's Palsy against St. John Hospital and physician for negligence at time of delivery.
These are only a few of the many sizeable settlements we have successfully attained for our birth injury and cerebral palsy clients. To view more of our Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. case results, visit our Michigan settlements and jury verdicts page.
What Determines The Amount Of A Cerebral Palsy Settlement
There are several factors that determine the amount of a settlement in a Michigan birth injury lawsuit. These include:
- How the birth injury or cerebral palsy occurred
- The type of negligence that caused the condition
- Where the birth injury occurred (hospital, city, county)
- Was a hospital and nursing staff negligent?
- The amount of the insurance policy limits for the case
- The degree of neurological damage suffered by the child
- The functional limitations and educational needs of the child
- The past, present, and future medical expenses for the child
- The potential lifetime loss of earnings of the child
- The financial and emotional impact on the parents and family members
What Is The Settlement Value of Your Michigan Cerebral Palsy Case
Using the factors listed above, we can evaluate your cerebral palsy lawsuit or birth injury case and discuss with you a realistic settlement range. Of course, we may not know the answers to all of the different factors at the time of our discussion because much may be unknown at the time. However, we will discuss the likely scenarios in your case, including our thoughts on settlement range. .
FREE Michigan Medical Malpractice Book
If you would like more information about your legal rights after medical negligence caused a birth injury, you can order our FREE book, "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook," by Lawrence J. Buckfire. The book is an insider's report on medical malpractice claims and includes why most malpractice victims never receive compensation for their injuries. Our book sells for $14.95 on Amazon but Lawrence will send it to you for FREE!
Michigan Birth Injury Lawyer Review
Michigan Birth Injury Lawyer No Fee Promise
Our attorneys will help you and your child get a cerebral palsy settlement under our NO FEE PROMISE. This means that you will not be charged any legal fees whatsoever unless we obtain a settlement or recovery for you. You have absolutely no obligation for legal fees unless we win your case. If we do not obtain a settlement for you, you owe us nothing!
Contact a Michigan Cerebral Palsy Lawyer
If your child suffers from cerebral palsy or other birth injuries, you should contact the Michigan birth injury law firm of Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. immediately. Call us now at (800) 606-1717 to speak with one of our experienced Michigan cerebral palsy lawyers. Their are strict time deadlines for filing lawsuits os it is important to contact us today.