Our Michigan lead poisoning lawyers recently filed a lawsuit on behalf of a four year old boy who was lead poisoned in 2009. His lead levels exceeded 156 micrograms per deciliter. The action level for the CDC is 10 micrograms per deciliter. His family was renting a home in Detroit at the time.
The City of Detroit Health Department conducted a lead risk assessment and found lead hazards on the interior and exterior of the rental. The plaintiff has cognitive deficits and brain damage as a result of his lead poisoning. No date has been set for a jury trial in this matter.