Lawrence J. Buckfire earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Michigan in 1986 and his juris doctor degree from Wayne State University School of Law in 1989. He has been in private practice since successfully completing the bar exam in 1989. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan, State of Ohio, and in the United States District Court.
Lawrence is the lead trial and managing partner at Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. The firm was founded in 1969 by his father David Buckfire with the principle of representing clients with the highest degree of integrity, compassion, and professionalism. Lawrence's mother, Vicky Buckfire, joined David in the firm several years later. Lawrence and Daniel both joined their parents upon their completion of law school.
Mr. Buckfire specializes in wrongful death, nursing home neglect, medical malpractice, and other serious injury cases. He is a highly skilled trial attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He is a member of the Michigan Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice . He also serves as a mediator with the Wayne County Mediation Tribunal.
Areas of Practice:
- Wrongful Death
- Nursing home neglect
- Automobile Negligence
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability Cases
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, 1989
- Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan, 1986
- Major: Economics
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named "Best Detroit Personal Injury Lawyer"
- Awarded "Best Michigan Personal Injury Attorney" by American Lawyer Academy
- Rated 10.0 by top Internet Lawyer Rating Service
- Michigan Association for Justice - Member
- Awarded Best Website by Best Law Firm Website
- Top AV Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Wayne County Mediation Tribunal – Mediator
- Top Corporate Fundraiser for MADD’s signature event
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America – Member
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Ohio Association for Justice - Member
Presentations & Speeches:
- Issues in Lead Poisoning Litigation in Michigan presented to the Michigan Department of Community Health, Lead Poisoning Prevention Department, Lansing, Michigan
- Copywriting For Attorneys and Search Engine Optimization for Law Firm to the American Lawyer Academy
- Michigan No-Fault Insurance Benefits Presentation to the Michigan Neuropsychological Society
- Law Firm Marketing to Newport Beach, California Conference
- Childhood Lead Poisoning to the Michigan Department of Health
- Michigan No-Fault Benefits Presentation to a seminar for Nurse Case Managers
- "The Ultimate Michigan Dog Bite & Animal Attack Handbook"
- "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook"
- "Little Kids, BIG ACCIDENTS"
- "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook"
- U.S. District Court For Eastern District of Michigan
- Member Michigan Brain Injury Association
- Michigan Statewide Sponsor for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) & Top Fundraiser
- Member of American Bikers Aimed Towards Education (AIM)
- Carnival of Care Sponsor For Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors