Lawrence J. Buckfire earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Michigan in 1986 and his juris doctor degree from Wayne State University School of Law in 1989. He has been in private practice since successfully completing the bar exam in 1989. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan, State of Ohio, and in the United States District Court.
Lawrence J. Buckfire obtained his first significant jury verdict just one month after his thirtieth birthday. A Wayne County jury awarded his client $1,425,000.00 for damages relating to a closed-head injury sustained in a slip and fall accident. He had refused the insurance company’s top offer of $75,000.00 on the day of the trial. Since that time, he has obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for his injured clients.
Mr. Buckfire specializes in wrongful death, lead poisoning, automobile negligence, medical malpractice, and products liability cases. He is a highly skilled trial attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He is a member of the Michigan Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice . He also serves as a mediator with the Wayne County Mediation Tribunal.
Areas of Practice:
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, 1989
- Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan, 1986
- Major: Economics
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Named "Best Detroit Personal Injury Lawyer"
- Awarded Attorney of the Year by American Lawyer Academy
- Rated 10.0 by top Internet Lawyer Rating Service
- Michigan Association for Justice - Member
- Awarded Best Website by Best Law Firm Website
- Top AV Peer Rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Association for Justice – Member
- Wayne County Mediation Tribunal – Mediator
- Top Corporate Fundraiser for MADD’s signature event
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America – Member
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Ohio Association for Justice - Member
Presentations & Speeches:
- Issues in Lead Poisoning Litigation in Michigan presented to the Michigan Department of Community Health, Lead Poisoning Prevention Department, Lansing, Michigan
- Copywriting For Attorneys and Search Engine Optimization for Law Firm to the American Lawyer Academy
- Michigan No-Fault Insurance Benefits Presentation to the Michigan Neuropsychological Society
- Law Firm Marketing to Newport Beach, California Conference
- Childhood Lead Poisoning to the Michigan Department of Health
- Michigan No-Fault Benefits Presentation to a seminar for Nurse Case Managers
- "The Ultimate Michigan Dog Bite & Animal Attack Handbook"
- "The Ultimate Michigan Medical Malpractice Handbook"
- "Little Kids, BIG ACCIDENTS"
- "The Michigan Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Handbook"
- U.S. District Court For Eastern District of Michigan
- Member Michigan Brain Injury Association
- Michigan Statewide Sponsor for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) & Top Fundraiser
- Member of American Bikers Aimed Towards Education (AIM)
- Carnival of Care Sponsor For Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors